List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Really bad review of KOffice 1.4.1
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-19 7:25:15

> make the message "KOffice works", as you noted, and make MS Office compat not
> a part of the marketed feature set ... in fact, if it was communicated that
> Office filters would be very nice to have but "this is not something someone
> can work on an hour or two after dinner when the kids are in bed. It needs
> real hacking power." and that KOffice was open and looking for people to
> sponsor this work which would bring the power of KOffice to even more people,
> then it eliminates the expectations of MS Office compat on the one hand and
> potentially opens doors to fixing the situation on the other =)

Another thing, we may want to promote KOffice like Apple iWork. Both Pages
and Keynote in iWork might not replace and steal the market of Word and
PowerPoint from MS Office, but yet these applications are simple and have
just enough features for typical uses of casual Mac users.

Best regards,

Ariya Hidayat