List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Really bad review of KOffice 1.4.1
From:       Werner Trobin <trobin () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-09-18 13:57:50

On Sunday 18 September 2005 15:49, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Sunday 18 September 2005 15:43, Werner Trobin wrote:
>
> > Well, which images? Inline images? Images inside anchored frames? Images
> > stored using the internal DIB format? Embedded images with other formats?
>
> Well, I wouldn't know. I don't even know whether kword can import that
> particular document with the image intact as well, because I have managed to
> break my system:
>
> koffice (lib kofficecore): WARNING: /usr/lib/libwv2.so.1: undefined symbol:
> _ZNSt24__default_alloc_templateILb1ELi0EE12_S_free_listE
> koffice (filter manager): ERROR: Couldn't create the filter.
>
> Weird... I'll no doubt find out what's going on in the fullnes of time.

Well, to me it looks like you've compiled libwv2 with a different
(incompatible) compiler version or at least used a different STL. The
undefined symbol is:
std::__default_alloc_template<(bool)1, (int)0>::_S_free_list

c++filt is your friend unless your name is Michael Matz :-)

Maybe you compiled a new libwv2 (to /usr/local/) and KOffice picks up the one
installed on your system (in /usr)?

Ciao,
Werner