List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Matrix handling in KSpread ?
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-15 8:55:43

> Aye, so the only problem that remains is, how to expand the result
> into cells... Ctrl+Shift seems to create a range formula, but that's
> it. And yes, excel confuses me to no end.

Before you type the MMULT (or whatever matrix function), select first
the range for the result, e.g. 3x3 range.

> Importing is easy, simply strip the {}s and you're set.

I doubt it, if the way to handle array formula is not made compatible
with Excel. And if it is first made to be Excel-compatible, better to use
operator {} as well.
As I said before, I did not code the new formula parser with array
formula in mind, so perhaps you need to extend it first.

> Exporting may be trickier, but then, who expects export to be flawless
> ? :D

Same case as above.
But as important as Excel compatibility is OASIS format. If we really switch
to OASIS as default format, means that matrix handling must be made
compatible as well. Otherwise, without a flawless export, the formula/data
can be loss when imported back.

--
Ariya Hidayat