List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: A new KColorCombo fro KDE 4?
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2005-08-14 16:11:07

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Sunday 14 August 2005 18:03, Thomas Zander wrote:
> On Wednesday 10 August 2005 22:36, Sébastien Laoût wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I recently posted a mail on kde-core-devel because I'm developping en
> > enhanced KColorCombo (for a better usability, and a more pleasant
> > look).
>
> Hi,
>
> I'm not doubting its more usable; but when a developer claims better
> usability I start to wonder which usability people actually gave feedback
> on the design. I don't recall any discussions on the usability mailing
> lists or IRC channels.

Have you seen the discussion on the kde-devel mailing list? No usability
people involved per se, but it gave a pretty good idea of the widget. It
replaces the old colorcombo that seemed made for a terminal emulator for
dos originally. The old colorcombo is quite bad if only because of the
horrible selection of colours and default current item.

I'd like to use the new color combo in Krita's new image dialog, for one
thing. It gives people at least a sporting chance of actually finding a
pleasant color :-)

--
Boudewijn Rempt
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi