List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread: A-functions
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-08-10 11:13:31

> Yes, the improved parser treats some things differently. However, I
> cannot possibly imagine how this converting would be done. Y'know, the
> difference is that strings can be treated as numbers, if they contain
> a number, and similar thingies - how would you convert ? I don't know.

In case somebody (in the future) produces Excel export filter, then problem
may arise because formula which is valid in KSpread (due to the automatic
conversion) may not be valid in Excel and something must be done regarding
with it.

The fact that the new parser now understands % operator and use single =
for equal comparison (unlike old KoScipt, using == ) are not a problem with
Excel because they are designed with Excel compatibility in mind. However,
they may trouble old KSpread version if we just save the formula as it is.

--
Ariya Hidayat