List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSpread: A-functions
From:       "Michael Fair" <michael () daclubhouse ! net>
Date:       2005-08-06 22:46:06

The A functions include non-numerics as values.

Count will count all valid numbers in the list
CountA will count all valid Values in the list (only ignoring the null
cells).

Count(1,"one",2,"two")=2
CountA(1,"one",2,"two")=4

I'm not sure what SumA does, but I know that Sum() does not
translate non-numeric values.
So Sum("1", TRUE,2) = 2 because the only the numeric values are considered.

Average ignores non-numeric values
AverageA treats non-numerics as 0 except true which is 1

If you can get a hold of it, the specifics of all this are the in the
Microsoft
Office help files, perhaps even online.  Having made workbooks that
have to take in data from other vendors on one tab, and then combine
them all on another I see the needs for both versions.

-- Michael --