List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: PR and the release of KOffice 1.4 (beta)
From:       Tim Beaulen <tbscope () gmail ! com>
Date:       2005-04-28 6:15:26

[Attachment #2 (multipart/alternative)]

On 4/27/05, Boudewijn Rempt <boud@valdyas.org> wrote:

> On Wednesday 27 April 2005 21:07, Inge Wallin wrote:
> > What we do have, however, is a more comprehensive suite than any other.
> > Abiword and Gnumeric might be very good, but the concept of Gnome office
> is
> > a joke (and you Gnome people who are snooping here would do good to be
> > honest with yourself as well. :-) ). And the much heralded Open Office
> > doesn't have a counterpart to neither Kexi, Kivio, Karbon nor Krita.
>
> Karbon is one of those might-have-been applications. It could have had
> Sodipodi's and Inkscape's place, it was earlier and was better for a time.
> It
> really needs features, and apart from features, integration with Krita as
> regards to dockers and things.

  I was thinking the same thing, Karbon should be more like Krita.
 I volunteer to help with this after the release of KOffice 1.4 and after
the switch to svn.
I tried to fix some bugs already, but it's not a fun program to compile
though, it takes ages on my laptop to compile a bugfix for karbon as in a
lot of cases, it needs to link all the plugins again. Plugins in karbon
needs improvement too I guess.