List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Export filters
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2005-04-08 20:55:24

Hi,

I have now succeeded in creating the first export filter for KChart: PNG (yay
for me!).  It is not 100% finished - the user can't select the size yet - but
it actually produces nice looking PNGs.

Thanks to the excellent capabilities of Qt, it turns out that (at least in
theory) it will be almost trivial to create a SVG export filter as well. My
question is now: Is it the preferred style to create a separate output filter
for SVG or can / should I let the current filter also create the SVG.

The reason for the question is that the SVG filter would be an exact copy of
the PNG filter except for maybe 3 or 4 lines of code.

 -Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |