List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: kcalc in kspread
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-29 16:53:33

On Tuesday 29 March 2005 18:49, Klaus Niederkrueger wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> As you maybe know, there is a "kcalc" inside "kspread", which was forked
> off the standard calculator some years ago. In the long run I would like
> to remove "kcalc" from "kspread" and always use the system version, but to
> learn what changed and not to break things, I want to try to update
> "kcalc" in kspread to a newer version.

OK.

This was discussed here before I think, but AFAIK the kcalc plugin integrates
with kspread to e.g. get the current value from a cell, and put it back there
after calculation. So to use the system version, one could probably use DCOP
for that.

> Since I never worked for the koffice-development, I want to ask if there
> is anything I should have in mind, or if there are any other comments on
> this. Maybe there is some release schedule, which is approaching or
> something similar, maybe you don't like code changes of this magnitude...

We do like code changes :)
But indeed there's a freeze approaching: April 11 - see \
http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/koffice-1.4-release-plan.