List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Error while autosaving
From:       Laurent Montel <montel () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-03-24 10:59:24

On Thursday 24 March 2005 11:44, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> Currently, whenever Krita tries to autosave, the following assertion is
> printed to konsole, and
>
> ASSERT: "!m_manifestWriter"
> in ../../../koffice/lib/kofficecore/koOasisStore.cpp (55)
>
> Krita reports that autosaving failed -- asks me whether my partition is
> full. The partition isn't full, and I guess that this is a problem
> somewhere in KOffice, but I cannot figure out what is happening. I can
> still manually load and save Krita documents without a problem.

I don't understand why it autosave in oasis.
But your code is not able to save in oasis file format:
Look at kwdoc.cc
bool KWDocument::saveOasis( KoStore* store, KoXmlWriter* manifestWriter )
{
    return saveOasis( store, manifestWriter, SaveAll );
}

// can't be const due to recalcVariables()
// TODO: rename to saveOasisHelper
bool KWDocument::saveOasis( KoStore* store, KoXmlWriter* manifestWriter,
SaveFlag saveFlag,
                            QString* plainText, KoPicture* picture,
KWTextFrameSet* fs )
{
    m_pictureCollection->assignUniqueIds();

    manifestWriter->addManifestEntry( "content.xml", "text/xml" );
    KoOasisStore oasisStore( store );

    KoXmlWriter* contentWriter = oasisStore.contentWriter();
    if ( !contentWriter )
        return false;

and krita :
bool KisDoc::saveOasis( KoStore*, KoXmlWriter* )
{
	//XXX: todo (and that includes defining an OASIS format for layered 2D raster
data!)
	return false;
}

So for me it's strange that it will want to save in oasis file format.

Do you think to start to implement saving in oasis file format ?

Regards