List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KSContext
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2005-03-22 14:55:50

On Tuesday 22 March 2005 14.55, Tomas Mecir wrote:
> On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 15:48:36 +0100, Ariya Hidayat <ariya@kde.org> wrote:
> > > Oh, and the most obvious approach, ie. creating a koscript-compat
> > > layer and letting the functions operate on top of that, sounds too
> > > much like a dirty hack to me, so I hope that this is not what you
> > > meant ;)
> >
> > So you guess it right :-P Anyway, I have hinted this bridge before.
> > With regard to dirty hack, IMHO that's slightly better than nothing at
> > all. Beside, it allows us to migrate the functions gradually, possibly
> > even make them available as plug-ins.
>
> Hmmm... Well, now the question is - is the partial solution better than
> none ? I mean, for example, "5"+5 will be 10, but =SQRT("5") will be an
> error. Might be confusing. Other than that, I'd say, why not ? ;)

I would suggest that Ariya starts out by creating a file with the great
plan(tm).  The TODO file could be used for this.  Then as the plan is
executed, every step is checked so that everybody else that is also hacking
in kspread can see what has happened and what is supposed to happen next, and
this sentence is already too long.

 -Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |