List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Coordinates in KSpread (and maybe other KOffice components).
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2005-03-17 13:18:10

Hi gang,

I have started to take on the printing bugs of KSpread, but I am a bit
confused.

I can see the use for at least 3 different coordinate systems within KSPread:
1. Cell coordinates (A1 would be (0, 0))
2. Screen coordinates in pixels
3. Metric coordinates which designates an absolute origin of a cell with the
width and height given in centimeters, millimeters or whatever.

I am sure that all these coordinate systems are used inside KSpread, but I
haven't found any documentation about which members are using which system.
In some instances it is obvious, but far from all.

Especially in a lot of calls to methods of, for instance, KSpreadCell, there
are a lot of QPoints, KoPoints, QRects and KoRects being passed but they are
never explained.

Is there some documentation that I have missed or is there none?  I would be
grateful if somebody would explain to me the system of how different
coordinates are used and also which units are used in the case of a metric
coordinate system.

 -Inge

--
Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |