List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice 1.3.6?
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-02-28 19:19:16

On Monday 28 February 2005 19:14, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> On Monday 28 February 2005 18:29, David Faure wrote:
> > The problem is that I don't know how much time we need for OASIS
> > support to be complete in order to switch to it as native file
> > format, and only then releasing.... Maybe a safer approach would
> > be to ship 1.4 with OASIS as an optional import/export option
> > (like it is now), but that goes a bit against what we promised
> > for 1.4.
>
> If the 1.4 release date keeps creeping away from us, I will have to
> seriously consider releasing Krita separately, against the 1.3.5
> libs. I'd hate to have to do that work, but in order to maintain
> momentum we need to get the code out.

hmm... yes, I would also like to release rather sooner than later and
possibly WITH the OASIS file format - which is a contradiction of
course.... And I would prefer going for 1.4 right away (no 1.3.6).

I think if we manage to get a beta out in a month or sth it would be
really great. OASIS format probably doesn't need to be perfect at
that time (it's beta!) and users can also report what file pieces
still don't get saved/loaded... which would be beneficial for us.

There are many improvements all over the place that users really would
like to see I guess, of course it's always a question of manpower.
But maybe we losely target a date for beta and see that all stuff
gets packed up as much as possible till then?

Raphael