List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: OASIS to accept patents
From:       Martin Konold <martin.konold () erfrakon ! de>
Date:       2005-02-24 13:05:09

Am Donnerstag, 24. Februar 2005 11:36 schrieb David Faure:

> Please read the attached mail.

> However, the OpenDocument specification clearly does not
> have this problem, because the committee ground rules
> require a royalty-free license.  This is clearly stated at:
>  http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/office/ipr.php
> Thus, OpenDocument is NOT affected by this appeal
> to OASIS to change its policies; anyone working on OpenDocument
> is NOT in conflict with this appeal.

This is utter nonesense as royality free is simply not enough to be GPL
compatible.

BTW: it refers to W3C Working Draft 16 August 2001 using RF and RAND while the
uptodate W3C policy is from 5 February 2004 which changed significantly.

Regards,
-- martin

President next year."  -- 2004, Wally O'Dell - CEO of Diebold, Inc.
e r f r a k o n - Stuttgart, Germany