List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: up-to-date calendar templates in KSpread
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-02-08 9:51:07

On Monday 07 February 2005 16:15, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Wednesday 02 February 2005 18:49, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > so... we have a template for a 2003 and a 2004 calendar... I
> > guess we need to do something about it before releaseing KOffice
> > 1.4.
> >
> > Is there any automagic that is used to create calendar templates?
> > Sure, there's the Unix "cal" command... but that can't be simply
> > copy&pasted.
>
> Perhaps using CSV import...

Hi,

I just tried it with CSV import... works quite well and one could
create a template in about 5 minutes. Since "cal" outputs the
calendar in 3 columns, I wrote this script to get them all on one
column (and an additional space line in between).

#!/bin/sh
rm t
YEAR=2005
MONTH="1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12"

for x in $MONTH
do
  cal $x $YEAR >> t
  echo "" >> t
done

When importing one has to select space as separator (of course) and
"ignore multiple separators".

The issues that remain (and must be resolved manually):

* the first line of every month is wrong, since the correct day of the
week is not recognized,
* all weeks that start with a date < 10 are moved one column to the
right since the "space" character before is recognized as separator.

Maybe some sed magic could work out the issues?

... so if we are to create templates manually it would be possible to
have these templates with reasonable effort. Assuming I get done with
the calendar insert plugin before 1.4, do you think we should provide
calendar templates?

Regards,
Raphael