List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: kspread toolbar simplification
From:       "Ariya Hidayat" <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-02-03 23:55:14

> ... I would leave insert object, it's a common KOffice feature, not
> sure abour rotate/transform though... uhm... I can't get rid of that
> window(bug??). The rest is (IMHO) ok to be removed.

OK, I think Insert Object will stay then.

> I would be happy to have the vertical alignment buttons in the
> toolbars (including text wrap), IMHO. Moving Font Color is OK.

Text wrap no doubt will stay.
I have checked Excel and Gnumeric, and none has vertical alignment buttons by \
default. Perhaps we can replace them by one drop-down button (like in KPresenter), \
therefore 3 buttons are saved into only one.

> Agree. Merge/Unmerge are shown by default then? (I would agree here as
> well.)

Yes, they are both common in use.

> hmm... I must admit I never used it so far as well, but still I think
> it could be useful. It probably doesn't hurt to leave it. But I
> wouldn't disagree if you would like to remove it.

I would rather remove navigational toolbar if there is no reason to put it there.
BTW it was me who introduced this quite some ago, the purpose was to nagivate the \
document if the tab bar is not shown. But again 99% of the case, the tab bar is \
always there.

> Remove the increase/decrease indentation buttons by default.

Are you sure about this ? Though I agree that indentation does not come so often when \
dealing with spreadsheet (rather more for text processing purpose).

> What about the increase/decrease precision? I don't use them much
> (neither the currency nor the percentage buttons). But I don't deal a
> lot with money in spreadsheets, so they might be useful for others.

These are quiteful useful IMHO. I have seen many people use them extensively.

Best regards,

Ariya Hidayat