List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd: Look at Style for KOffice logo
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-01-30 18:01:32

On Sunday 30 January 2005 11:49, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have attached only the 128x128 icon. Do you all think this style
> is ok?
>
> Questions:
>
> 1) Style OK?
> my opinion: yes
>
> 2) Should ALL KOffice logos/icons be done?
> my opinion: yes, complete set. The current icon is not consistent.
> [...]

sorry, I meant: The current icons _are_ not consistent, meaning the
complete KOffice icon set for the individual application logos: what
you see on http://www.koffice.org.

On the other hand I think the icons used IN the applications
themselves are quite consistent, also with the rest of KDE.
So when I talk about making the complete set I mean the logos of all
KOffice components: those ... 12 icons for the applications, the
KOffice workspace (probably uses the Logo?) and the KOffice Logo.

I think it's best if you, Andrey, start with a KOffice logo. This we
need for sure. If you like you are very welcome to do the set of
"application" icons as well. In particular we have not really any
icon for KPlato, Kugar-Deisgner and KOffice Workspace. But you can do
all application icons for all 11 components (see list on the
http://www.koffice.org homepage + KOffice Workspace - koshell).

If you want you can of course create a COMPLETE KOffice icon set -
including all icons used inside the applications. This would of
course add a LOT to the complete consistency if you already create
the application icons. Of course if we then use it depends many
people if they like it. But if your work is good, I don't see any
problems. Also we should consider the (in-application) icon set from
nuno: http://kdab.net/~dfaure/nuno_pngs.tar.gz as David pointed out.
They seem to be quite usable IMHO.

And thanks again, Andrey, for your offer to create icons!! We really
appreciate that.

Raphael