List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Compiling on KDE 3.3.1
From:       Laurent Montel <montel () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-21 16:52:21

On Friday 21 January 2005 17:03, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 21 January 2005 16:35, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > Or perhaps use -fvisibility only if KDE 3.3.2 is found. (I do not know if
> > it is possible to do so.)
>
> That's not the point. The problem is the FOO_EXPORT macros added
> everywhere.
>
> [Note also that 3.3.2 still had a broken kdemacros.h. Only 3.4 has the
> correct stuff,]
>
> Oh. I see. kdepim used KDE_EXPORT, which is fine for gcc, but isn't enough
> for MSVC++. It should be a per-lib macro, for MSVC++.
>
> So while we're at it, we could do it right:
> in koffice_export.h we would do like
> #if KDE_IS_VERSION(3,3,90)
> #define KOFFICECORE_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
> .. (same thing with KOFFICEUI_EXPORT etc.)
> #else
> #define KOFFICECORE_EXPORT
> .. (same thing with KOFFICEUI_EXPORT etc.)
> #endif

it will be a very good idea.

a kofficemacros.h :
#ifndef KOFFICEMACROS_H
#define KOFFICEMACROS_H

#include <kdeversion.h>

#if KDE_IS_VERSION(3,3,90)

#include <kdemacros.h>

#define KOFFICECORE_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
#define KOFFICEUI_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
#define KOTEXT_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
#define KOFORMULA_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
#define KOSTORE_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
#else
#define KOFFICECORE_EXPORT
#define KOFFICEUI_EXPORT
#define KOTEXT_EXPORT
#define KOFORMULA_EXPORT
#define KOSTORE_EXPORT
#endif

#endif /* KOFFICEMACROS_H */

> and then people with older kdelibs will simply ignore the EXPORT macros as
> expected. Much simpler than the current kofficemacros.h.in (which seems to
> be based on an old kdepimmacros.h.in which was broken).

Yes it was based on old kdepimmacros.h.in (when I started it)