List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Compiling on KDE 3.3.1
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-21 16:03:22

On Friday 21 January 2005 16:35, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> Or perhaps use -fvisibility only if KDE 3.3.2 is found. (I do not know if it
> is possible to do so.)

That's not the point. The problem is the FOO_EXPORT macros added everywhere.

[Note also that 3.3.2 still had a broken kdemacros.h. Only 3.4 has the correct stuff,]

Oh. I see. kdepim used KDE_EXPORT, which is fine for gcc, but isn't enough for MSVC++.
It should be a per-lib macro, for MSVC++.

So while we're at it, we could do it right:
in koffice_export.h we would do like
#if KDE_IS_VERSION(3,3,90)
#define KOFFICECORE_EXPORT KDE_EXPORT
.. (same thing with KOFFICEUI_EXPORT etc.)
#else
#define KOFFICECORE_EXPORT
.. (same thing with KOFFICEUI_EXPORT etc.)
#endif

and then people with older kdelibs will simply ignore the EXPORT macros as expected.
Much simpler than the current kofficemacros.h.in (which seems to be based on an old
kdepimmacros.h.in which was broken).