List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Compiling on KDE 3.3.1
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-01-21 15:26:33

On Friday 21 January 2005 15:02, Laurent Montel wrote:
> On Friday 21 January 2005 14:48, David Faure wrote:

> > > oops :((((
> > > Sorry I thought that minimal kde requires for koffice was kde 3.3.2
> > > :((((
> >
> > I fail to see where the rush was to add the EXPORT stuff already,
> > but if anyone wants kde-3.3.x compatibility, please let's revert it for
> > now instead of going the ugly kdepim route....
>
> Before I continue (as I think that kdemacros existed into kde 3.3.x), do
> you want to keep compatibility with kde <= 3.3.1 ?

Well, the rule for KOffice was always "last stable KDE". However we had kept
KDE 3.2.x compatibility as far as I know but it does not matter here. What
matters is if we want to continue supporting KDE 3.3 (assuming it does not
work either) and KDE 3.3.1.

As the work-around is very easy, personally I do not mind if any of the two
solutions is chosen.

> For me "visibility feature" allows to reduce size of binairy and increase
> speed, and it's in new gcc-3.4.x (patched) supported by MDK, Redhat, Suse.
> But I don't want to break all koffice.
> So I can revert it if people want.
>
> KDE 3.4 will release in march
> KDE 3.3.2 was released December 8th, 2004
>
> koffice 1.4 will release after kde 3.4.
>
> So problem is for people who use koffice cvs + old kde
>
> Regards.

Have a nice day!