List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Compiling on KDE 3.3.1
From:       Laurent Montel <montel () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-21 14:02:43

On Friday 21 January 2005 14:48, David Faure wrote:
> On Friday 21 January 2005 14:23, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > On Friday 21 January 2005 13:25, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > > It seems that compiling KOffice CVS HEAD on KDE 3.3.1 is not possible
> > > anymore, at least without a trick.
> > >
> > > The problem seems to be the kdelibs/kdecore/kdemacros.h file which
> > > defines badly the visibility. The workaround seems to be to use the
> > > file for KDE 3.3.2 instead (just copy it over the installed file).
> >
> > oops :((((
> > Sorry I thought that minimal kde requires for koffice was kde 3.3.2 :((((
>
> I fail to see where the rush was to add the EXPORT stuff already,
> but if anyone wants kde-3.3.x compatibility, please let's revert it for now
> instead of going the ugly kdepim route....

Before I continue (as I think that kdemacros existed into kde 3.3.x), do you
want to keep compatibility with kde <= 3.3.1 ?

For me "visibility feature" allows to reduce size of binairy and increase
speed, and it's in new gcc-3.4.x (patched) supported by MDK, Redhat, Suse.
But I don't want to break all koffice.
So I can revert it if people want.

KDE 3.4 will release in march
KDE 3.3.2 was released December 8th, 2004

koffice 1.4 will release after kde 3.4.

So problem is for people who use koffice cvs + old kde

Regards.