List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice potential, a call for developers
From:       Raphael Langerhorst <raphael-langerhorst () gmx ! at>
Date:       2005-01-08 21:26:06

On Saturday 08 January 2005 18:25, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Thanks a lot for your comments, I am just about to submit the
> article on dot.kde.org, so it came _just in time_, comments later,
> copy to the koffice list.

Ok, article committed about an hour ago, I did mark up the article in
HTML to provide a good "look and feel" :) I hope you all (and
hopefully others as well) will all like it. Now some time for the
comments.

[...]

I think this is an important point, KOffice does have to offer a lot
in terms of a complete environment (with KDE). These things are
actually the ones that matter to businesses that actually plan their
software installations. Still, the fact is of course that for some
tasks KOffice needs to get more stable. But it's right that the
awareness of this possibility has to be raised first to have the
people to reach the realization.

> > Best regards,
> >
> > Philippe Rigault
> >
> > > KOffice is one of the youngest office suites available.
> >
> > I would suppress this (irrelevant, and not accurate).

removed.

> > > And it is
> > > built on KDE. This advantage brings enormous potential in terms
> > > of integration, performance and even scalability which are
> > > vital for business deployments.
> >
> > Excellent, this is the key point.

Yes, I believe so as well. It's actually what I had thought about
during the last days which lead me to the conclusion that we really
need to bring awareness to it - and that it would be sad if there
were just not enough developers to utilize this potential. Let's hope
this is fruitfull.

I think through your support-plans, whatever they be, there is already
more contribution, feel free to start a new discussion on that
subject. The list moderator will also "unmoderate" you "hopefully"
soon.

> > > You can help to utilize these capabilities and
> > > bring the full potential of KOffice to life.
> >
> > I would rather say:
> > The Koffice team is looking at contributors for significantly
> > increasing the potential of Koffice.

[...more suggestions...]

I incorporated your suggestions, thanks for pointing out these issues.

--
Raphael Langerhorst, JID: raphael@jabber.pilgerer.de
G System, The Evolving Universe - http://www.g-system.at