List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: KOffice potential, a call for developers
From:       Thomas Zander <zander () kde ! org>
Date:       2005-01-08 13:59:27

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Saturday 08 January 2005 14:07, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I post the article here for review, I'll submit it to dot.kde.org a
> few hours later today.
>
> Article title: KOffice development
>
> from the human-resource-management-dept.
>
> KOffice is one of the youngest office suites available.

Not true.
Bad idea to start with a questionable statement that is also
counter-productive to the goal (gain respect).

> Because KOffice is built directly on KDE, it can offer the best office
> experience on a KDE desktop. Even full OASIS document format support
> is targeted for the next release (1.4) which is the same file format
> as OpenOffice.org 2 will have. This will make data exchange with
> OpenOffice.org seamless!

Don't publish statements that we (currently) simply don't have to manpower
to fullfill.  I suggest a "Work is in progress to [...]".
without any versions or dates.

On a different note; your post does not give me any reason to believe you on
the potential KOffice has, and what I could add to it.  But writing
something is better then nothing, I guess.

--
Thomas Zander