List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Karbon14, fragility and developers
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2005-01-07 19:25:47

On Friday 07 January 2005 18:19, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Hi all,

(...)
> Concluding I would like to post an article on dot.kde.org that talks
> about the potential of KOffice - being OASIS standard conform,
> feature complete, ...

We cannot guarantee that currently. That is the main reason of the postponed
freeze. (And KDE has the policy of not announcing vaporware, i.e. not already
existing features...)

On the other side, calling for people that way might be interesting, but it
could also be a backdraw later. ("But why is this feature not in KOffice 1.4
if it was planned.")

> and that more developers are simply needed to

Yes, but it is the umpteenth time that we call for more volunteers. From the
30 people that David wanted a few months ago, we are barely at ten (if I have
counted more or less right).

> get all KOffice application fully stable and full-featured. What do

Yes, very nice wish. (Unfortunately it was for KOffice 1.3 too.)

> you think? If none of you wants to write an article I would volunteer
> (again, hopefully finding the time for it).

(Sorry if I sound pessimistic...)

Have a nice day!