List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: DCOP and KOffice
From:       Giovanni Venturi <gventuri73 () tiscali ! it>
Date:       2005-01-01 23:06:33

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

Alle 17:57, sabato 1 gennaio 2005, Nicolas Goutte ha scritto:
> On Wednesday 29 December 2004 22:30, Giovanni Venturi wrote:
> > Hello,
> > I hope someone of you can help me.
> > I'm writing an article on DCOP so I'd like to present a final example
> > that use KOffice. A bash script. I was thinking of KWord, but any KOffice
> > application 1.3.x is good for me. Can someone suggest me what to do? I
> > was trying to use KWord DCOP, but I've got some problem. I wanted copy to
> >
> > clipboard the HTML text from Konqueror and write it in a KWord file but
> > how
>
> As far as I know, you cannot import HTML text from the clipboard to KWord.
> :-(
Well not HTML directly, just the text displayed in the HTML page displayed by
Konqueror and I found how to do it. I'd like to copy that text into a KWord
file and format it for example with a title, adding page numbers and so on,
but I don't think KWord has that DCOP calling, is it so? If it's not so I
think in future KWord should have it. I could manage it when I learn
something more about DCOP, but I think there are more urgent tasks to do :).
For example the OASIS one that could give KOffice very power to open file of
OpenOffice and could be MS if they are going to use that standard.
I'm thinking how to create a calendar with KWord. No template available. Could
be usefull do it. Or some code to share with Krita. For example inserting an
image into KWord is too few. I want to modify the photo make it with more
light, or darker so could be we need to share code with Krita that I think
just do it. Or for example make simpler to use columns in KWord. There is a
template to create a 2 column text, but could be funny if I use the current
textFrame and get from it a text on 2 or 3 column with some click. I like
KWord because is for KDE and I'd like to improve it, but my time is very very
few and my knowledgement about KOffice API and how KOffice works is very very
away from what you know about it. These are just idea. Maybe to create column
is now simple and I have just to discover how to do it. I don't use KWord all
the time but I use it. I use KPresenter. I hope to study KOffice to do all
the tasks I listed, but I think that I'll never do it because I need to lear
to much things.

> > to open KWord with an empty file and then write it? I was trying:
>
> Do you know:
> http://www.koffice.org/developer/dcop/

Well, no, but I used it few minutes ago and it doesn't work:

Get main text frameset

fs=$(dcopobject "`dcop $appid Document-0 textFrameSet 0`")

Is it the right syntax?

I opened Kword by DCOP (idkword=`dcopstart kword`) then I opened a KWord file
than:
fs=$(dcopobject "`dcop $idkword Document-0 textFrameSet 0`")
edit=$(dcopobject "`dcop $idkword $fs startEditing`")

and I got:
object not accessible
Error: '' is not a valid DCOP reference.
> (It is perhaps not exactly what you want.)

There is no command for KWord just to open and empty file or command for KWord
to open a file in some other way?
> Happy new year!
All you too.
Gianni
--
A KDE Italian translator
Slackware GNU/Linux current version - kernel 2.6.10