List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Freeze
From:       Laurent Montel <montel () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-12-28 13:10:15

On Tuesday 28 December 2004 12:28, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Monday 27 December 2004 21:43, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> > On Monday 27 December 2004 14:01, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> > > I feel that it is not worth to freeze something that has many important
> > > question that are still open.
> >
> > Okay -- so we -- that is, the Krita people -- can count on a little
> > longer to cram some nice features in?
>
> Well, I would first want the answer of David and Laurent before taking a
> decision. (For example if David wants to take the release maintainership,
> it could be different.)
>
> Have a nice day!

Principal improvement into koffice-1.4 is to use Oasis file format.
It's a very hard work.
For kword I think that it supports 90% native file format
For kpresenter 70-80%
For kspread 50-60%
For karbon 90% (Rob info :) )

We must adapt again koffice to support embedded program as oasis file format.

And I think that it will be important to port some filter to oasis file
format.
For the moment just David/Nicolas/Rob/and me works on oasis file format.

I think that it will hard to release koffice-1.4 in march if we don't have
more people

If some people want to add more feature to koffice it's a good idea too.

But it's right when qt4.0/kde4.0 will release some people (as me and I think
David) we switch to qt4.0/kde4.0.
So it will be difficult to continue to develop koffice-1.4 and koffice-2.0

For me it's very important to release koffice-1.4 quickly, but we must have
more people.

Regards