List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Freeze
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-12-26 10:46:46

I have asked me a similar question about a freeze date too and I did not come
to any conclusion. :-(

Some elements are:
- when will a useable enough Qt4/KDE4 will be available?
- who will not be able to switch to KDE4 quickly, either due to old hardware,
lack of time to always compile...
- who will be still able to do useful work while remaining on KDE3?
- what is the (temporary) timeplan for KDE4?

Personally I would tend to branch KOffice (KOFFICE_1_4_BRANCH) when needed to
let people continue on KDE3, while allowing others (David?) to start the QT4/
KDE4 port.

Also if I am to be the release manager of KDE4 (be it temporary like now or
permanently), I have not much time until at least February.

So I am sorry not to be able to give a good solution to the asked question.

Have a nice day!