List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Wish 73454: merge celles should center text
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2004-11-06 16:38:44

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Marc Heyvaert wrote:

> So again no need for alignment centered.

Both your examples would be exactly the same without the merging in the
first place.  If you place a text in a cell, it spreads out to the
neighboring cells if the text is too long, and the neighbors are empty.
In fact, it is only if you center align the merged cell that merging makes
sense.

Nevertheless, I agree with you in that the centering should not be
automatic.

> P.S. Personally I would get rid of the merged cells in KSpread.

With all your examples being left aligned, I can see why.  :-)

	-Inge

Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |
inge@lysator.liu.se       |       life becomes meaningless."                |
                          | Geoffrey James: The Tao of Programming.         |