List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Wish 73454: merge celles should center text
From:       Inge Wallin <inge () lysator ! liu ! se>
Date:       2004-11-06 15:24:59

On Sat, 6 Nov 2004, Marc Heyvaert wrote:

> Hello,
>
> --- Inge Wallin <inge@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
>
> > And, as he also points out, Excel does it.
> >

> No it doesn't, at least not Excel 2000 build 9.092720

Oh?  The reporter said that it does, and I didn't test it. I just assumed
that he was right.

I did test Star Office and it does not do that.

> > I think he has a point, but I want to hear your
> > opinion before I go on and
> > implement it.
> >

> I'm against because it is unexpected behaviour that
> makes the user feel like he hasn't enough control over
> the application. I can see a lot of applications where
> having centered alignment makes no sense.

Well, I can't, but if neither Star Office, nor Open Office *or* Excel does
it, I don't think that KOffice should.

I am starting to think that resolving with WONTFIX is the right thing to
do.

	-Inge

Inge Wallin               | Thus spake the master programmer:               |
                          |      "After three days without programming,     |
inge@lysator.liu.se       |       life becomes meaningless."                |
                          | Geoffrey James: The Tao of Programming.         |