List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    PPT->KPresenter filter
From:       Michael Goldish <michaelgol () bezeqint ! net>
Date:       2004-11-05 13:51:03

Each KPresenter slide produced by the PPT filter is a blank slide with a
single embedded Karbon object, which covers the entire slide. This is because
everything (shapes, colors, even texts, and probably the background too,
though I'm not sure about it) is described as MSOD objects inside the MSOD
chunk. This means that the user has to do all editing operations with Karbon,
and can't use KPresenter features, like a master slide (a planned feature
according to Thorsten Zachmann) and dashed lines (a feature I could find in
KPresenter but not in Karbon?).

Is this acceptable?

It is possible to import MSOD to KPresenter directly, without using Karbon,
but then KWord and KSpread won't be able to use the MSOD filter in the
future.

(A screenshot is attached to illustrate what I mean.)

Thank you very much.

["snapshot7.jpg" (image/jpeg)]