List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    KSpread cell formatting and OASIS
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-10-29 15:27:28

Greetings!

I just wonder... Does our OASIS loading/saving support the General
cell format, found in most spread-sheets, though not in KSpread?
For I want to add that formatting to prevent various problems that we
are currently getting (there are several bugreports that would be
resolved if we had the generic format available, and also there are
several bugs that noone has noticed so far, maybe due to them not
studying the code then trying to behave the bad way, hehe ;) ).

For example, if you put some text to a cell, the cell gets switched to
text format. Problem is, it remains set as such, until you change the
format manually, no matter what you type in there afterwards... Hence,
you can type in a number and wonder why that wretched thing doesn't
want to compute things right ...

/ Tomas