List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: using PMXML as standard format for KPlato...(?)
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-10-28 16:42:12

To avoid a possible misunderstanding: what I mean is that if a format is
becoming the native format of a KOffice application we must be more careful
about the license of the file format than if we only want to make a filter.

(A filter can always be dropped when it is getting too hot but it is difficult
when it is the main file format. (For example see the (now expiring) LZW
patent, in GIF, TIFF and what consequences it had.))

(...)