List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: OASIS Format for KPlato and Project Management in general
From:       zander () kde ! org
Date:       2004-10-27 12:13:19

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Wed, Oct 27, 2004 at 02:05:26PM +0200, Raphael Langerhorst wrote:
> Hi,
>
> another thought (since it's so on-topic for the rest of KOffice). Is
> there any intention to create an OASIS specification for project
> management apps?

Good idea; but nobody actually started this.
It certainly is possible.

> Or is such kind of application out of scope of
> standard office application (then, why is KPlato part of KOffice...)?

Its in scope, and kplato is part of koffice since project management
creates reports which are complementairy to kword/kspread. And kplato
can use documents and formulas (kexi) in its task details screens.
Lots of potential which can be used; but nobody is actually doing it
just yet.

> Then maybe TaskJuggler (and Mr. Project??) could also switch to a
> standard OASIS format... (probably I'm just day-dreaming, but still,
> it would be possible)

Sure; there is nothing stopping you but time :)

--
Thomas Zander