List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Something seriously broken in KSpread?
From:       George Staikos <staikos () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-10-22 22:04:51

   It seems like something seriously broken in KSpread in 1.3 and later, or at
least there is some bad interaction with kdelibs HEAD/recent Qt-copy.  I now
have a folder of >60 business spreadsheets that I cannot use because:

1) they do not update anymore when I change values (KSpread-head)
2) the formatting is horribly broken and I can't find any version of KSpread
that will read the files and also format them properly

I guess 1) is a minor regression and F9 fixes it.  2) is major.  Does anyone
else see this?  I can't believe that KSpread ships like this anyway, because
it's completely unusable.  I get fonts all over the place overlapping, weird
chunks of black in random places, text cut-off/out of place, and general
weird behaviour such as when I set a font size and then leave the cell, it
reverts back to the old font size.

Is this just me experiencing this stuff?  What happened?

--
George Staikos
KDE Developer			http://www.kde.org/