List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug 87700 in KSpread fixed, but is it correct?
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-10-21 7:44:58

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 21:42:01 +0200, Inge Wallin <inge@lysator.liu.se> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just fixed bug 87700 for kspread, but I am not sure that I did it in the
> correct way. Maybe somebody with better knowledge of KSpread internals could
> look at it and say what he/she thinks.
>
> The problem was that after a dissociate Cells, the top-left cell never got
> repainted. There was a call to refreshMergedCell() immediately before a call
> to "emit sigUpdateView(). I had to add a call to setLayoutDirtyFlag() for the
> cell in question, because refreshMergedCell() (indirectly) marked all cells
> in the merged cell as dirty, except the top-left one.

Well, no, it didn't :) Method refreshMergedCell() updates all cells
that happen to be
merged, and it updates them correctly, but in the time when it is
called in this case, our cell is no longer merged with anything else.
Hence, the problem was elsewhere - in the code that was un-merging the
cells. I've looked through that part of code, and indeed, in
KSpreadCell::forceExtraCells, the LayoutDirty flag was not set for the
top-left cell. I've committed a fix that should fix the problem in
this case, and maybe in other similar cases as well.

Note that I don't know whether this would really fix the problem - my
local copy of KSpread cannot be compiled as of now due to some changes
I'm working on, hence I couldn't test whether this fixes the problem -
but I believe it does.

So, this remains as a task for you - try to remove the code you've
added into that method, and see if my change to KSpreadCell fixes the
problem as well.

/ Tomas