List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Wannabe-developer requests some help;
From:       "HLV Kwint" <sludink () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2004-10-10 14:35:58

Oh, I'm sorry, in my last mail I missed the answers in the mailing list and
some very usefull information at the KDE-site (old filter-writing FAQ).I
read them, and indeed I think I could better try to help to export to RTF
indeed, to start with.

I have a dual-boot with WinXP, also running MS-office, but I don't know if
I'm going to keep it (legal issues, if you know what I mean). If I have some
time, I should try to get win4lin working, which is a good way to run
MSoffice in linux, or maybe the codeweavers thing... Most of it costs money
though. But I'll try to spend some time the next few days reading about wv2,
KDE-filter documentation, and I should improve my C++ knowledge.
It's a pitty the OOo-filters aren't suited to be used, since I think that's
one of the goals of open source, sharing things so you don't have to do them
twice :).

So thank you for your answers, and the next few days I hope to learn some
things. If I encounter questions, I'll post them here.