List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Solution for absurd filter chains
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-10-03 16:11:20

On Sunday 03 October 2004 17:37, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> On Sunday 03 October 2004 17:20, zander@kde.org wrote:
(...)
> Good let's say the text filter have a weight of 50 and the threshhold is
> 100. Let say OASIS to old formats have 20.
>

> But that creates another problem, it makes that the text filter will be
> much later, for example for KWord:

I have tested and in reality this problem does not exist.

There are only 2 problems, but that are probably different:
- "OASIS Open Office Text" is there 2 times
- AbIWord is after all other wordprocessor formats

So I am going to look at a solution for a threshold and backport if for
KOffice 1.3.4 if possible.

Have a nice day!

> KWord
> [Here all KWord formats]
> AbiWord (directly by KWord's old format saving)
> [Here all other export filters]
> AbiWord (saved as OASIS, then OASIS to KWord 1.3 filter, then AbiWord
> filter.) [Here again all other export filters]
> Plain text (directly)
> Plain text (saved as OASIS)
(...)