List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Dock windows in Karbon, Kivio and Krita
From:       Boudewijn Rempt <boud () valdyas ! org>
Date:       2004-10-01 12:22:48

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Friday 01 October 2004 13:35, Thomas Zander wrote:

> I agree that they look best for most cases.  I would like to see a (future)
> expansion where dragging the docker from the document-space will create a
> toolbar (or QDock) so it is allowed to float outside the main window
> though.

It should be possible to hack the Kivio dockers to make it possible to drag
the palettes out of the window; I guess the reason that doesn't work is
because the window borders are also the areas where the docker slides into
hiding if placed against. Cyrilla also mentioned this point, and it should be
doable.

> If you move it to the kofficelibs, also take a look if the dockers can be
> moved/duplicated between views. Its nasty that after a 'view->split view'
> you have to re-add all your dockers in the new view.

I'm not sure I get this... Every view needs its own set of dockers, at least
that's the way it is now, and I foresee a lot of problems if that chagnes..

> Also; please take good care in making the API better; the APIs I have seen
> from kivio in the past are really not that great..

This one is fairly nice, at least _I_ like it.
--
Boudewijn Rempt | "Geef mij maar zuurtjes."
http://www.valdyas.org/fading/index.cgi