List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Dock windows in Karbon, Kivio and Krita
From:       Thomas Zander <TZander () factotummedia ! nl>
Date:       2004-10-01 11:35:59

[Attachment #2 (multipart/signed)]

On Thu, Sep 30, 2004 at 03:33:15PM +0200, Boudewijn Rempt wrote:
> So, I propose to move the kiviodockers to the KOffice UI library, and call the
> dockers from all three applications. I've volunteered to do that job. I'll
> write a patch for all three applications and show the patches to the
> maintainers, and I'm willing to take up maintainership of the docker classes
> in koffice ui libs.

I agree that they look best for most cases.  I would like to see a (future)
expansion where dragging the docker from the document-space will create a
toolbar (or QDock) so it is allowed to float outside the main window though.

If you move it to the kofficelibs, also take a look if the dockers can be
moved/duplicated between views. Its nasty that after a 'view->split view'
you have to re-add all your dockers in the new view.

Also; please take good care in making the API better; the APIs I have seen
from kivio in the past are really not that great..

> If I get the okay, I'll start work right away :-).

I'm not technically familiar with KOffice anymore; perhaps someone else
has problems with this, so don't see this as an OK just yet :)

--
Thomas Zander