List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: new dependency (Re: koffice/kspread)
From:       Tomas Mecir <mecirt () gmail ! com>
Date:       2004-09-29 8:43:42

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 19:12:00 +0200, Ariya Hidayat <ariya@kde.org> wrote:
> > Dependency updating seems to be working correctly now - hence closing
> > bug 80038 (automatic recalc not working reliably). Some more testing
> > would be handy though...
>
> I had only experienced problem with intersheet dependencies (e.g A10 in
> Sheet2 is "=Sheet1!A1"). F9 will recalculate them correctly. I think
> this may be solved easily.

Hmmm... We do support intersheet dependencies already? Alright, I'll
have a look at it, hoping that it won't be too hard (we need to update
structures of dependency managers assigned to both affected sheets).

> Also, Tomas, do you have plan to offer a function which allows
> retrieving all dependents of a given cell? I plan to make a tester for
> dependency manager (since we have the test framework ready) if you don't
> have plan to do so.

Yes, sure. That will also be needed for that recalc manager we've
discussed some time ago.

> I remember also that inserting and deleting columns/rows means that we
> need to adjust formulas. AFAICS Phillip did a hack, iterating all cells
> and check if it refer to such columns/rows. If OTOH the dependency
> manager can give cells/ranges which have reference to a given range,
> than we can fix that hack. This is I believe also quite a step to have a
> solution to the wrong reference in cut/paste (bug #58094).

Ah, sure. All those walk-over-all-cells-in-the-sheet things should be
gone, if possible, as they can become a performance bottleneck.

> One last idea: a quick look on this class shows that some functions can
> be placed in the DependencyList (i.e. the d-pointer trick again).

Possibly, I'll have a look. More adjustments are possible, that I
didn't do in the first iteration, as I wanted to have a working
version asap.

/ Tomas