List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Why is KSpread such a memory hog - analysis
From:       Dirk_Schönberger <dirk.schoenberger () sz-online ! de>
Date:       2004-08-28 17:01:22

> what if:
> we read the XML stream and create low-overhead nodes for each node in the
> tree; just a parent, a childlist and a qstring for the name. Maybe another
> qstring for the NS.
> Next to that store the byteoffset in the stream in that node.

I seem to rememeber some discussion for this approach in some document o the
Internet (as part of some kind of masters degree).
However, I currently don't know of any real world implementation.

For pure memory constraints, did you look at the kdom module in kdenonbeta?
Perhaps this could be a starting point?
I think kdom was planned to be used in somefuture ersions of KSVG, but I
don't now of recent changes.

Regards
Dirk