List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Character style ui : let me know what you think
From:       p.stirnweiss_koffice () bluewin ! ch
Date:       2004-08-27 17:53:10

>Ah! Now I understand. Well, if you also think that hiding the preview would
>be the
>best solution, feel free to make a patch to kfontchooser to do that, it
can
>be
>included into kdelibs-3.4 (I doubt we get koffice out before that). For
kdelibs-3.3
>users and developers we would temporarily see two preview areas, not a big
>issue.
>This sounds like the only way to have a preview with more features (double-underline
>etc.)
>that QPainter::drawText can't do by itself (so it's not enough to just set
>a QFont
>in the kfontchooser).

If I understood the document about binary compatibility properly, in order
to patch KFontChooser and keep binary compatibility, I should create a new
constructor which take one more argument "bool showPreview=True", and indicate
in the code to merge it with the default constructor in next binary compat
breaking. I should not just add an extra argument to the default constructor.
Am I correct?

I guess I should submit the patch to kde-devel?

Pierre.