List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Character style ui : let me know what you think
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-27 8:05:28

On Friday 27 August 2004 09:07, p.stirnweiss_koffice@bluewin.ch wrote:
> Yes this one is a tricky one. I was not entirely satisfied with this name
> (but that was the best I came up with after a good 30mn hurting my brain
> beyond repair). Then I check in a dictionary and Mr Robert and Mr Collins
> tend to be in some sort of agreement regarding this word (basicelly enphasing
> by way of special marking, if I remember properly they even gave "souligner"
> as a possible translation which means underlining).
Yeah but that's in the figurative sense (in a discussion, one would "highlight"
a given fact).

> As to move the capitalisation, this too is open to debate. My logic to put
> it here was that it is used to emphasise a part of the text and hence belong
> to the same tab as underline... I was at a point in time thinking about the
> name : Emphasis or Emphasing, but thought it was less in context of office
> suite.
Maybe kde-doc-english can help on this issue...

> The Font tab is purely a KFontChooser. Apparently it is possible to remove
> the Frame around it but I guess it would have to be done in the subclassed
> dialog (this property is apparently not exposed to Qt Designer, or I have
> not found it).
> As for the language tab, I drawed it around first to be consistent with the
> other tabs and secondaly, I was not sure it was possible to include some
> more options in this like "do not include in Spell checking"..., "use custom
> dictionary". Then it would require a frame
OK.

> This is already planned. You can see in every tab a Frame (it is still gray)
> at the bottom of it. It is the space reserved for the Preview.
Nice! But maybe it should simply be under the tabwidget, i.e. only one
preview widget instead of one per tab. That would avoid the visual effect
of the preview area "jumping around" when switching tabs, and it would make
it clear that the formatting of the text in the preview follows the settings
of _all_ tabs, not just the current one.

Thanks for your work.