List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Character style
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-22 19:44:52

On Sunday 22 August 2004 21:06, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> A character style is for a character formatting what a (normal) style is for
> paragraph formatting.
>
> It was planned already for KWord before OASIS was an objective but, yes, as
> OASIS has it, KWord would need to have it too.
>
> There were already some work done, as far as I know, and KoCharStyle is part
> of what is already done.

Yes, the KoCharStyle split is about all that was done. Using it remains to be done.
But I'm not too keen on working on kotext core features with the Qt4-text-engine
coming up - even if it's in a year. Better work on things that are independent
from the design of the text engine - like the frames, dialogs, oasis format, etc.