List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Regexp: one or two functions? (KSpread)
From:       Ariya Hidayat <ariya () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-17 14:39:41

> I'm facing a dilemma... I have this patch adding support for regexp
> search and replace functions to KSpread, originally I wrote 'em as two
> separate functions, but then Ariya said, it should be one function,
> because that would less confuse users, so I made it one function, but
> now I'm in doubt, for that one function seems to be more confusing
> than two functions, hence I'd like to hear others' opinion, on whether
> there should be two functions (regexp search / replace), or one
> do-it-all function. Man, now that's a LONG sentence ;) Patches adding
> it in both ways attached.

Halo Tomas, sorry for my late response.
Seeing your latest patch I found out that this one-function idea from me
was stupid. It confuses even more, so perhaps it's better to go with two
functions solution. Now my concern is that how can we keep the old
REGEXP behave the same ? That is, the search-with-regexp function should
get a new name and replace-with-regexp function stays with REGEXP.