List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Bug 76757: page layout. Let me know what you think
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-08-12 16:19:45

On Thursday 12 August 2004 18:04, p.stirnweiss_koffice@bluewin.ch wrote:
> Replacing the QGridLayout by a QHGroupBox  [...]
Oops, this is certainly not what I wanted to suggest. A layout and a widget are two different
things...

> The solution I used is : make the QButtonGroup a QHButtonGroup.
Sounds very good (did you forget to attach the patch, though?)

> The thing I don't get is : why the Q....Box and Q....Group draw a proper
> space between the title and the widget where the Q...Layouts nested in a
> Q...Group don't. (I am not sure I made myself clear).

Simply because the layout doesn't know that the parent group needs some space
for its title. A layout manages child widgets, it doesn't manage the weirdness of its parent.

Thanks!