List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: Indic handling in KWord/KSpread
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicolasg () snafu ! de>
Date:       2004-07-31 13:48:05

On Friday 30 July 2004 14:18, Rajeev J Sebastian wrote:
> Hello all KOffice Developers,
>
> I have a question relating to handling of text in the kotext module. I
> have found that the support for arabic is present in the qcomplextext
> file in kotext module. But I cannot find the place where Indic has been
> implemented. Does KOffice use the Qt handling for Indic or has this also
> been taken from Qt and placed explicitly in KOffice ?

KoText is more or less at the level of Qt 3.0 or Qt 3.1. Indic support was
only added in Qt 3.2. So KoText does not support Indic scripts,
unfortunately.

The current plan is that KOffice 1.4 is going to use Qt4, where the basic
text-handling classes will be changed so that you can code with them (and not
"against" them like now.)

> Thanks
>
> Rajeev J Sebastian

Have a nice day!