List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: kpresenter effects
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-06-21 8:36:03

On Monday 21 June 2004 09:31, Laurent Montel wrote:
> > Is it ok to commit this patch?
>
> For me it's not a good idea.
> I don't want to support old file format.
> We decided to switch to oasis format, so we stop to develop old file format.

Well, right now the old format is still used, and if the patch exists, why not go for it.

To rephrase: Laurent wasn't wrong to omit the load/save code for the new feature
in the old file format, IMHO, but of course Thorsten should commit now that he
has implemented it.

I hope that we can switch to OASIS as the native format soon, so that new features
only need to be loaded/saved in that format.