List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: RFC: kpresenter effects
From:       Laurent Montel <montel () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-06-21 7:31:00

Le Monday 21 June 2004 08:51, Thorsten Zachmann a écrit :
> Hello all,

Hi,

> during my works on the object and page effects I found out that Laurent
> removed the option for the automatic screen presentation speed, and made it
> possible to have a different speed for each page effect.

As in ooimpress.

> However the different speed for each slide is not jet saved in the native
> kpresenter format.

Native file format is oasis into koffice 1.4.
We decided to not supported old file format.
Otherwise it's very difficult to add new option, because we will support old
file format.

> The attached patch solves this. It checks if the tag
> PRESSPEED is set, if set it sets the speed in all the page effects, if not
> set the seed in the pages is used, otherwise it is overwritten by the speed
> in the tag.
>
> Is it ok to commit this patch?

For me it's not a good idea.
I don't want to support old file format.
We decided to switch to oasis format, so we stop to develop old file format.

> I had a closer look and found out that the object effetcs are now using the
> speed of the page effect what I think is not very good. Here is what I
> propose:
>
> 1. Add a speed property to each effect.

I will want to do it as in ooimpress.

> 2. Should we also use the speed Slow, Medium and Fast as OO does for object
> effects as Laurent has introduced for page effects? It would make the hole
> more consistend.
> 3. I also would like to add a global speed option to slow, speed up all
> effects ( page / object ). This would be valid not only for automatic
> presentation but also for manual one.

why not.

> Please let me know what you are thinking, so I can start working on this
> task.
>
> Have a nice day
>
> Thorsten

Regards.