List:       koffice-devel
Subject:    Re: ispellchecking
From:       David Faure <faure () kde ! org>
Date:       2004-04-25 17:14:00

On Sunday 25 April 2004 18:57, Nicolas Goutte wrote:
> A first check on what I have found while trying to debug a little:
>
> - choosing ISO-8859-15 makes kspell printing a kdError that the encoding is
> not supported. (So perhaps it should not be shown as option? (KDE 3.2.x)

The comment in the source code says "it will work, if this is the default charset
in the dictionary". Not sure what all this means....
man ispell doesn't even talk about those encoding values.

I'll just comment out the kdError for now - unless someone with a language
using a charset between latin4 and latin15 can test this?

Latin15 in itself is only about the euro character, compared to latin1, so that's
not really relevant to spellchecking...

> - it is still the "en" dictionnary that seems chosen.
When you choose English? Where's the bug? :-)